Should I See a Psychotherapist?
A psychotherapist is a professional who studies human behavior and thought processing. They offer talk therapy to individuals, couples, and families to help them overcome emotional difficulties and psychological challenges.
- Scope of practice – psychotherapists in Kanata primarily focus on providing counseling services
- Treatment approach – psychotherapy in Kanata employs an individualized approach based on the client’s needs in addition to research-based interventions and evidence-based therapies to address specific concerns
Consider seeing a psychotherapist if:
- You need talk therapy, emotional support, or counseling to improve coping strategies, enhance personal growth, or work through life challenges
- You require specialized therapeutic interventions such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- You do not require a formal diagnosis or psychological assessment but still want to engage in therapy to address concerns related to mental health, relationships, self-esteem, stress, anxiety or depression
- You are looking to improve personal relations – couples counseling or family therapy will help facilitate communication, conflict resolution, and improve relationship dynamics
Psychotherapy can help when any of the following indicators exist:
- Withdrawing from people and activities you otherwise would enjoy
- Anxiety and panic attacks when interacting with other people
- An overwhelming feeling of hopelessness
- Continuous conflicts with people around you
- Difficulty coping following a traumatic
- Significant changes in appetite or sleep patterns