Fascial Stretch Therapy™
Fascial Stretch Therapy™ (FST) is a pain-free method of indirect myofascial release that involves manipulating, lengthening, re-aligning, and re-organizing the body’s connective tissue in order to optimize bodily functions.
Why treat the body’s fascia?
The body’s fascia is the most prevalent tissue in the body, and yet it is the least understood by most doctors, therapists, and trainers. Traditionally, fascia was considered a casing or container holding the various structures of the body together, similar to how mortar holds together the bricks of a house. While providing structure is one function of fascia, more recent research has revealed that fascia acts as an intricate web for fluid transmission and internal communication between bodily structures. Furthermore, healthy circulation in your muscles, joints, arteries, veins, brain, and spinal cord is largely dependent on optimal flexibility of your fascia. In fact, the health and function of every joint and muscle are a direct result of the condition of your fascia.
Fascial therapy provides the following benefits:
- improves posture and the functional ability to do what you couldn’t do before;
- restores normal joint space and joint range of motion;
- improves muscle activation and relaxation;
- improves dynamic movement and sports performance;
- reduces incidence of injury and enhances injury recovery; and
- improves flexibility both immediately and cumulatively across multiple sessions.